background

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Im just saying...

"When you point your lens toward another person, you are telling them that they noteworthy; that of all the people in the world, they alone have your attention at this moment in time. You have the golden and rare opportunity to transform the simple act of photographing a person, into the forming of a human connection that didn't exist before."

-- Cheryl Jacobs

I LOVE this quote - I found it the other day and it has really just stuck with me. I have been doing photography a little over a year now and I always try my hardest to make my client feel comfortable and relaxed and absolutely FABULOUS! I want them to feel like a celebrity, like they are gorgeous and fun - that is something I strive to do and when I get back to the office to start editing I realize just how gorgeous they are both inside and out - when I see their personality shining through my photos then I know I have done my job. So far I have been so beyond blessed with amazing clients, just the other day one of my regulars told me that they consider me a close friend now. WOW! That completely made my day - we were total strangers and now i'm considered a friend! Funny thing is I always feel such a closeness with my client after even one shoot - I feel like they are family in some ways, but I always have to remind myself that not everyone is going to feel that way about me! Yes, i'm overly sentimental and absolutely crazy - and i'm not going to apologize for it ;)


x0x0

{S}

No comments:

Post a Comment